Top 10 Worst Wedding Songs

By Bobbi Hunter



We’ve all attended weddings at some points in our lives and while we’re sitting there, waiting for dinner to be served, the happy couple performs their first dance as a married couple. Awww.


Unfortunately, most of these couples end up choosing some of the worst wedding songs to demonstrate their love for one another and everyone in the room spends the next couple of weeks making fun of them.

Don’t let it happen to you - avoid the 10 worst wedding songs at all costs.

Worst wedding songs #10
The Reason
Hoobastank

Not only is this song wildly inappropriate, this song was also wildly overplayed by radio stations worldwide for the entire duration of 2005. So unless you want your first dance to leave everyone with the desire to change the station, I strongly recommend you consider another song.

Awful lyric: I'm sorry that I hurt you, it's something I must live with every day, and all the pain I put you through, I wish that I could take it all away.

Worst wedding songs #9
My Boo
Usher & Alicia Keys
This is a good song, no doubt, but if you opt to have this playing, then you’re essentially telling the world that you married the wrong guy. This song is about a couple that isn’t together but will always love each other. I don’t know about y’all, but I know about that.

Awful lyric: It started when we were younger and you were mine, now another brother’s taken over but it’s still in your eyes.

Worst wedding songs #8
You’re Beautiful
James Blunt

I admit the song was great when it first began to get airplay, but after hearing it for the 1700th time, it somehow doesn’t sound so good anymore. Of course, once again, this song is so wrong for a wedding. You could be as beautiful as they come, but the world no longer cares for this song.

Awful lyric: You're beautiful, it's true. I saw your face in a crowded place, and I don't know what to do, ‘cause I'll never be with you.

Worst wedding songs #7
Ti Amo
Laura Branigan

I’ve been to many a wedding and it never fails; “Ti Amo” is consistently played and treated like a wedding anthem. Why is that? Even though the title of the song means “I love you,” the entire song is about a man who left her. Her heart is broken, and even her voice sounds like it.

Awful lyric: How could you end it this way, after the love that we made, God how I wish you had stayed, can't you see that I just want you back?

Worst wedding songs #6
If You’re Not The One
Daniel Bedingfield

I’m not sure how you feel about men who admit they cry over you, but I’m not a big fan of such guys. And songs about guys who are like that don’t bode well in my book, either. The lyrics in the song are incredibly cheesy and the song is way to somber for a wedding.

Awful lyric: I never know what the future brings, but I know you are here with me now, we'll make it through, and I hope you are the one I share my life with.

Worst wedding songs #5
This I Promise You
‘N Sync
To begin, I can’t imagine your man accepting this song at all. If that weren’t enough, this is as cheesy as wedding songs come, and the last thing you want is to have a defunct boy band representing the beginning of your days together.

Awful lyric: When the visions around you, bring tears to your eyes, and all that surround you, are secrets and lies.

Worst wedding songs #4
When I Fall In Love
Nat King Cole

Mark another point down for inappropriate. This song, although a classic, is inappropriate because it’s not about having fallen in love, but rather about falling in love in the future. And considering you guys just completed your nuptials, chances are you are already in love.

Awful lyric: And the moment I can feel that, you feel that way, too, is when I fall in love with you.

Worst wedding songs #3
Any Celine Dion song
Celine Dion
Whether it’s a remake or an original, Celine Dion has a way of putting the crust in “crustified.” The sound of her voice, the way she sings, and her incredibly bizarre way of beating herself up by pounding on her heart in music videos leaves everyone with unwanted visuals and sounds. Avoid her at all costs.

Awful lyric: Love was when I loved you, one true time I hold to, in my life we’ll always go on. (from “My Heart Will Go On”)

Worst wedding songs #2
Truly Madly Deeply
Savage Garden

I mean, come on, seriously. The voice of the singer is incredibly effeminate, and the lyrics are probably owned by the Kraft Company as we speak. This song drips cheese and the last thing you want is to have everyone groan when your first dance is about to begin.

Awful lyric: I want to stand with you on a mountain, I want to bathe with you in the sea, I want to lay like this forever, until the sky falls down on me.

Worst wedding songs #1
I Swear
All 4 One

No one wants to sit around listening to a song about a couple of guys who are swearing their undying love via song. And yes, it is your day and perhaps that shouldn’t bother you, but you have to admit that this song is overplayed and no longer holds any value to its listeners.

Awful lyric: And I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky, I'll be there, I swear like the shadow that's by your side, I'll be there.

Worst wedding songs selected

If you can manage to steer clear of the worst wedding songs, and go through your entire wedding without starting a conga line, you will be one of the first women ever to pull it off.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment