American Idol 7 Recap - April 1, 2008

American Idol 7's Top 9 were give the task of Dolly Parton night on April 1, 2008 and I have to say, I thought it was going to be much worse than it actually turned out. And for the record, I think this was the first time that Paula Abdul was actually coherent. Freaky.

So here it goes:



Brooke White
Sang: Joleen

She was sitting on a chair strumming a guitar and I'm not sure, but it looked like she had a serious hunch back. But I digress. I was bored to tears with her performance and I just hate the way she reacts when the judges give her their criticism.



David Cook
Sang: Little Sparrow

Before he sang his song, David had a little sitdown with Beetlejuice Ryan Seacrest and explained how he took his previous arrangements from other bands but this time... this time it would be his own. And man did this boy blow me away. It was great. By the way, love the much needed haircut.



Ramiele Malubay
Sang: Do I Ever Cross Your Mind

First off, the music drowned her out completely; second, I was so unimpressed. I can't wait until she goes away. She's cute, but cute don't cut it 'round here.



Jason Castro
Sang: Travelin' Through

Before he belted out his tune, Ryan spoke about all the fan mail that Jason received and even read one aloud. Sweet. Anyhow, it was a cute performance at best, but I'm guessing the ladies will keep him in the game.



Carly Smithson
Sang: Here You Come Again

She is fantastic, I have to say. This girl could sing and she proved it once again. Unfortunately, Simon Cowell was right when he said, "Talk to whoever's dressing you. You don't look like a star." So true, she really looked like she was going out to some dive bar.



David Archuleta
Sang: Smokey Mountain Memories

Ugh! I really can't stand this troll doll and it's getting worse and worse each week. But I did love how they panned over to his dad, who is being accused of bullying the other contestants. Loser.



Kristy Lee Cook
Sang: Coat of Many Colors

I almost fell asleep 3 times during this minute and a half. This girl is hot but she dresses like the Amish (shout out to my Amish beauties) and she's just as exciting. Anyway, Simon told her she sucked once again and she retorted with "Thanks Simon, I love you." I'm guessing she really did blow him out of his socks like she said she would.



Syesha Mercado
Sang: I Will Always Love You

I saw this song choice coming a mile away, and I have to say that she wasn't bad at all. She's no Whitney Houston, but she does remind of the woman who costarred as her sister in The Bodyguard.



Michael Johns
Sang: It's All Wrong But It's Alright

Oh my God, where do I start? This man sang and my underwear magically came off. HIs bluesy version of the song melted me away and gave me the chills big-times. He was absolutely phenomenal.

So my prediction for the bottom 3 is:

Carly Smithson
Kristy Lee Cook
Ramiele Malubay

Let's see if I nailed it... I'll let you know tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment