American Idol 7 Recap - April 10, 2008


I am in complete and utter shock as I write this. Now before I get started I have to admit that I missed the first 30 minutes of the show, but I'll tell you what I know.

To start, after watching Chris Brown and Jordin Sparks sing "No Air," Jordin was presented with myriad awards from Ryan Seacrest because I'm guessing they wanted to prove that American Idol winners don't vanish into nothingness but can make it big on pop charts.

Then I noiced that David Cook, David Archuleta and Brooke White were safe and sitting on the couch. I knew then that something was awry.

We returned from commercial to be met by a Ford commercial that the gang was in. It was one of the better ones, as they sang "I Just Want To Celebrate" and drove over paint to show a well done globe.

Then more contestants were called to the stage:

Jason Castro - You (and your ukelele) are safe
Kristy Lee Cook - You are safe


Which meant that the last 3 contestants,

Syesha Mercado
Carly Smithson
Michael Johns

were in the bottom 3
! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Michael Johns!?!?!?

Then Bono explained that we should all go to ONE.org to help save the world and Hillary Clinton, John McCain, and Barack Obama also made appearances via taped recordings.

Then it was finally time to reveal who was a goner:

Michael Johns was voted off American Idol! I am still in complete and utter shock. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment