American Idol 7 Recap - May 13, 2008

For this episode of American Idol 7, the Top 3 had to do one song selected by the judges, one song selected by themselves and one song selected by the producers. It provided for great challenges and great variety.







David Archuleta
Sang:
And So It Goes by Billy Joel (chosen by Paula Abdul)
With You by Chris Brown (chosen by David)
Longer by Dan Fogelberg (chosen by producers)

I have a terrible feeling that David Archuleta is going to win this whole damn thing; not because he's such a great singer (he's not), but because the crowd usually represents the masses and those tweens are incredibly vocal about their love for Monchichi boy.

About his singing: monotonous, he flubbed the lyrics to the Chris Brown song and managed to bore me and creep me out with that weird way he stares at me through the camera. Nevertheless, the eunuch has the girls mesmerized. His dad probably beat them into yelling out his name. The best part? When Simon told him that he was like a "chihuahua trying to be a tiger."







Syesha Mercado
Sang:
If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys (chosen by Randy Jackson)
Fever by Peggy Lee (chosen by Syesha)
Hit Me Up by Gia Farrell (chosen by producers)

Personally, I thought Syesha had a hell of a night and sang the crap out of her songs. She's an entertainer and a performer and despite what the judges said (they blasted her for selecting the Peggy Lee song), I thought she did a fanastic job with every song thrown her way. I think if she cut an album it would be phenomenal. Randy is so freakin' hard on her and I think it's because he wants to have sex with her and knows it'll never happen.








David Cook
Sang:
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack (chosen by Simon Cowell)
Dare You To Move by Switchfoot (chosen by David)
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith (chosen by producers)

One has to wonder what the hell Simon was thinking with his song selection, but then, the Brit enjoys throwing a monkey wrench into any well laid out plan. Nevertheless, David nailed it. His second song, though, was bo-o-o-o-oo-o-o-o-o-ring. Luckily, he redeemed himself with the last song by singing the tish out of it.

My prediction for who's going home tomorrow:

Syesha Mercado, although I wish it were David Archuleta.

No comments:

Post a Comment